Gregoire House, Sherbrooke,QC
Who was Wilfrid Gregoire?
He owned Gregoire Lumberland (better known now as the Gaston Cote store on Bourque boulevard) and built houses in La Patrie area. He also founded "Partage Saint-Francois" in 1983 and collaborated with many others townships charities. He was born in 1925 in the Bois-Francs region, then died in 1992. He had six children.
According to the informations, he built the house by himself in 1970, but he had to sell when he had financial issues.
On July 11st, 1972, he buys Cote island and renamed it "Camping de l'île Marie" in honour of his wife. He operated the campground for a decade 'til he sells it to a coop on February 3rd, 1982.
The house was left vacant in 2002 and it is presently the decayed propriety of the city of Sherbrooke.
Maison Grégoire House rebuilding project
Sherbrooke La Nouvelle weekly article, August 17, 2005 (In French only)